Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Dave, Jo and Jamie ride the Torq 12:12

Dave Creeggan, Jo Munden and Jamie Newall rode the Gorrick 12:12 TORQ in your SLEEP enduro last weekend. This is a 12 noon to 12 midnight endurance MTB race held at Minley Manor. Dave and Jo rode together in the mixed pairs as the "Tunnel Hill Trolls" , while Jamie rode with his friend Matt as "Team Acuto" in the male pairs.

Dave and Jo won came 1st in their event completing 17 laps for a distance of around 136 miles. ( a distance that would have placed them 7th in the mens pairs result!!)

Jamie and Matt came 2nd in the male pairs completing around 152 miles against 43 other teams.

Dave and Jo's report follows = Pics by Deano
Full results and lap times on this Timelaps results page

More pictures here of Dave and Jo by Joolze Dymond

and Jamie and Matt by Joolze Dymond

"Jo and I decided to ride the mixed pairs at the Gorrick 12:12 in Minley woods on Sunday. However I had to ride as an honary Tunnel Hill Troll as Jo had pre entered the female pairs and her partner had let her down. The tactics were that I would do the first lap and then we would alternate laps and see how things panned out. Luckily this plan seemed to work out. The course was dry, fast, bumpy and very sandy in places. We were fairly consistent and built a steady lead. The only mishaps were when I crashed on the first corner of the first lap, a couple of other minor spills, nearly missing Jo on one change over and I got lost in the dark. Apart from that it worked out well and we won by 10 minutes. The only down side was we missed the prize presentation as they did it earlier than advertised and we were enjoying a beer with Jamie. When I got home I realized how lucky we were as when I examined my old Stumpjumper the chain was missing 5 rollers and several others were split. I wondered what those strange noises were! I now feel like I’ve been hit by a bus after the battering I took around the course. Well done to Jo for putting in fast and consistent laps which made up for my lack of MTB skills."



No comments: