Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Another win for Rob

Fresh from his win at Thruxton last week Rob McCarthy switched back to mountain bikes this week with equal success in the British Mountain Bike Series round 1 race at Sherwood Pines.

Here's his report from the 4 lap Sport men's race:

"With no MTB points on my licence I found myself gridded close to the back of the field, with at least 50 riders in front of me.
I knew the start was going to be critical if I was going to get a good result, I got away from the line fairly well making my way through the field, at the first wide fire road I got out of the saddle and put in a big effort to get to the front group of 5 or so riders, before the first section of singletrack. By the end of the first lap I was riding in second place and took the lead early on in the second lap, I felt strong riding in the lead for the second and third lap. On the last lap the second place rider caught me and took the lead, I tried to break him on the first fireroad section and retook the lead, only to caught again with 2 k to go, I tried to put pressure on him by passing back markers on some tight corners, I looked round and he was still on my wheel, with five hundred metres to go I locked out my front forks prepared for a sprint. He tried to pass me once more before entering the arena to no avail.
With one hundred metres to go I took the grippiest line on the final corner into the finish straight, forcing him onto a slippery line, and held him off in the sprint by a bike length."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another Felt rider is born ;-)