Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Cross season is underway!

Michael Guilford reports with the latest XC and cyclocross results, this weeks CX ride reminder and pre-house-purchase bike sale.

"A quick round up on the end of season results for Cross Country and shameful performance in first cyclocross race.

The last cross country race I entered for this season was the British MTB series final round, Newhnam Park Plymouth. Before this race I was ranked 13th nationally for sport, I needed to rank 15th or higher to move up into expert next year, so this race was a must do. I sort of realised I was ill on the day before the race, which isnt great. None-the-less, I felt fairly suited to the course hilly and technical, plenty of steep and off-camber bits. I cant say I overperformed but I was there for points. I rolled in at 5th place, and picked up the points to put me in 9th place nationally. Goal achieved.

Wessex League Round 3, War Memorial Park Basingstoke. The first 10 on the line were national level, so seeing as I started about 30th I could see this wasnt going to be smooth rolling. Time off proper training and illness has knocked my fitness back, so this hurt. I was struggling to pick up any sort of decent pace, and i have lost a lot of the acceleration I had at the end of last season. I am not sure where I finished but I think it was around 15th looking at the video.... more work to do. So help me out by joining the cyclocross training ride on thursday evening!!

Reminder, it'll be on the calendar soon. Cyclocross ride, Thursday evening, 6pm at the entrance to Ash ranges nearest the Health Centre. Fast pace a few times round a loop.

Finally, I have a huge pre-house buy, bike part sale. See http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cyclocross-road-and-xc-clearout & http://www.flickr.com/photos/68738852@N07/.

You are welcome to stop by and have a look at anything. In addition to that stuff I have 10 continental race innertubes 700c. £25 for the lot.

Thanks,

Michael"

1 comment:

Michael said...

P.S My result in the cyclocross race was 18th and 7mins behind Mike Cotty. Shocking!

Cyclocross training rides: I can re-schedule if Thursday evening isnt any good. Any takers.....?