Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

30 secs with Mr C - part 1 in a new series




With the club growing to over 100 members Cycling Weekly writer and local rider Hannah Bussey has been drafted in to introduce you to some of your fellow club members. There are now only two club rules: you have to help at one of our club race promotions per year and you have to answer Hannah's questions if she asks you.

30seconds with…….

Who are you? Colin John Stevens

AKA? MR.C. I got the nickname in error. I was in a race team with a couple of blokes called Mark and Richard. We called the team after our initials. Shortly after every one at the races kept calling me Mr C. It took me ages to work out why!

How long have you been riding bikes and how did you get into it?
This is my fourth year on the road bikes - It’s all down to my friend Gary Sheffield, he asked me to go out cycling with him once and I caught the bug.

What was life like BM (before Meudon)?
I was the British endurance kart club-mans champion 2001 - I miss them days. I’ve even raced the karting version of the Le Mans 24hr race. It was brutally hard, but so rewarding. I’ve also dabbled in Super bike track days and enduro off road - now that is a rush.

What bikes are in your stable?
My bike stable currently consists of a Specialized Tarmac SL S-works, a mountain bike, a training bike and a TT bike that a Gary has loaned me.

We all know that the best bike is your next one, what’s the dream bike?
I’ve not got a dream bike at the moment, but I would say I do like the look of the 2012 Scott Foil Premium if anyone is feeling generous.

What are your cycling achievements so far and what are your 2012 season aims?
My best achievement on the bike so far was last year’s London to Paris. I rode in group 2, every day I rode out of my skin – I was so proud of my self to finish with the group (29kph over 170km for 3 days in a row is not to be sniffed at- Ed). 2012’s focus is to get my weight down and see if I can give some of the climbers a bit of a run for their money.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
It was given to me was by my wife ‘enjoy your kids whilst they are young as life’s too short for regrets’

Do you have a cycling mantra?
Yes, it comes from my karting days - focus on the last lap. To be honest I apply this to all aspects of in life when I have to do something I’d rather not. It really works.

What’s the most played on your i-pod?
Eminem - Beautiful.

No comments: