Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Ken podiums in Handicap

Ken Prince reports from last weeks SL Handicap at Kitsmead Lane ....

"It was the usual fast pace with the group myself and Mark were in working well together. The scratch group caught us, Dave (Creeggan we assume) was in this group and we continued to work hard to catch the groups in front. We only caught the front group on the last lap so it came down to a bunch sprint. It was getting quite dark and on the final long straight before the last corner it was the usual free for all as every rider wanted to be at the front! It was not for the faint-hearted! Mark was well positioned near the front most of the way down there from what I could see. Just before the corner I moved forward. There was a little group of riders just a bit off the front coming out of the corner which we caught on the first rise. Dave pretty much led out the sprint, I jumped on his wheel and Mark was just behind me. Dave moved over and only Darrell and Martin managed to get past me just before the line with Mark still right behind me.

Kitsmead Lane H'cap RR July 31, 2008
1st Martin Smith A W Cycles E
2nd Darrell Pembroke Agiskoviner.com 2
3rd Ken Prince V C Meudon 2
4th Andy Davies Fit- For 2
5th Mark Bremmer V C Meudon 2V

No comments: