Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Ottaway finishes fast @ Fowlmead

Mark Ottaway reports from the SERRL where he recorded his first win of the season:


"It has been a interesting weekend, I raced on Saturday at Hog Hill national B race came 10th improving on hill climbing, wish I could of said the same for Wednesday with Dave and Dan on the Pirbright circuit !!!! but this Sunday at Fowlmead was my best race it went to plan.

I had given plenty of thought after listening to the other VC boys at Hillingdon who have been giving me much help, cheers, the race started very fast decided to go with everything that moved, got a puncture had a lap out while waiting to re join noticed a break of 4 riders had appeared, so knew i had to bring it back together, which i did then took time to recover the race stayed together until the last 2 laps and 4 riders were out on there own, but it was so windy we caught them on the last corner before the best part which was the the sprint, and I gave it every thing I had straight over the line on my own, and managed to throw my hands in the air to show off my new VC mitts, and yes my hands were cold, but kept looking at them wanting to wear them, I now am 2 points behind Shaun Duffield for the winter series, just hope there is a big turn out of riders on the 21st Feb."


The 7th event in the South East RR League Winter Series held at Fowlmead nr. Deal on February 7.

2/3
1 Mark Ottaway. VC Meudon
2 Marco Coppola. Gemini. BC
3 Leon Camier.. Private
4 Thomas Sutherland. Twickenham CC
5 Sean Duffield. Active Cycles
6 Alex Camier. Team Toachim
7 Mark Simmonds. Kingsnorth International
8 Phil Cloke. San Fairy Ann CC
9 Tim Ramsden. VC Deal
10 Roger Todd. Private


No comments: