Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Rob: ridden one. Won one.

Picture from Deano

Rob McCarthy (Dan's brother) reports from the Gorrick Mountain bike series Round 1 Tunnel Hill

"The first round was well supported by club members in various categories
For results go to:

http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EventReport.aspx?eventID=113TunnelHill14/02/2010

Today was the start of my 2010 season. After a winter doing some cyclocross racing, many road miles and countless hours on the turbo trainer I was eager to race, to see if the winter miles had paid off.

The course was a fairly fast and technical one with great flowing single track.

I rode in the Sport category (4 laps) race. After getting a pretty good start, I entered the first section of singletrack in third position feeling very easy. After about 2 miles into the race I took the lead going up a short steep hill, I pushed hard on the twisty descent trying to open up a gap. I rode out front for 3 3/4 laps crossing the line with my first win for the club, opening up a lead of 2 mins 30 secs.
Next race I hope to step up to Expert category (5 laps)
I hope to transfer this form to my first season of road racing.

Its time to get some hard training in and visit the chiropractor !"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice on Rob, 4th cat to elite in 1 season, me thinks