Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Chris cracks it

Chris Day reports from the evening 10:

"As many of you will know I've consistently been attending the A31 TT's and consistently getting a 2nd 3rd or 4th! Ok so last night I did have the benefit of Big Bad Power house Gabriel not being there!!! So as I was being held up at the start I said to the Time keeper!! I want this one! And I want to Beat Rob Hunter!! He said its not him you need to worry about its the man behind you!!! (Gawie Nienaber) I said holy shit is he fast? He said very! 54321 and off I went! All I could focus on was not being overtaken as I knew I was being chased down! I've gotten pretty used to knowing how my race is going by my ave speed at the turn around point! So when I looked down and saw 27.8 I know it was going to be a fast time! I also knew from then on the wind would be with me!! So I just kept going as hard as poss. I went past Frazer as he was out training then took Rob Collard and Stuart Worthing just before the Hen & Chicken. Only a couple more rises and a fast flat home!! As I reached the crown of the rise I looked at my ave speed!!! 28mph! looked behind ! No one in site!! So I rode hard with speeds around 35 mph (!) and watched my ave speed rise to 28.4 over the finish line and home! I was pretty sure I'd won! Had to wait for results!! Confirmed I actually won one!!

By 2 seconds!!! At last!!!


Results:

See the comments column for some interesting observations
http://www.farnhamroadclub.co.uk/results/2010/results_2010_06_29.pdf

No comments: