Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Good day out at Thruxton inc. a win

Keith writes "there was a good day out at Thruxton at the weekend with Dan, Andy and Ian working hard in the 4ths and Dave Creeggan putting on his normal good showing in the E12. Highlight of the day was undoubtedly the 3rd cat race with Lee Mead in the top ten (having raced twice (!) at Upavon the day before in search of those final few points for his 2nd cat licence) and Nick Allen taking the win in what can only be described as a typically crushing display of power.

Here's Nick's full report:

"With a mid-week power test confirming what I already knew in my own mind - that I was easily putting out north of 1500 watts peak power (and a power to weight ratio of 2.3 watt/kilo) it was time to test my racing legs. Thruxton was the name of the game. It would be a wily battle of power and wits on an exposed circuit. The kind of place I like to think of as my 'arena'. On the line I ran through my psychological positive outcome protocols and gave the other 80 odd riders the once over. I was confident that they would prove mere pawns in my game and I would soon be the King of Thruxton (3rd cats). Then we rode round for some time and there was a sprint. Which obviously I won quite easily. Again. It is clear that I shall reign supreme on the annual club Tour de Majorca. Thanks for reading. Nick"

Report and pictures on the BC website here

They haven't bothered putting up the results for the 3rds yet - everyone knows who won anyway...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Stuff, I think the watts per Kilo calculation is massively out unless Nick weighs 650 Kilos.

At a wild guess if Nick is 80 Kilos that would be 18.75 watts per Kilo.


Martin Hulbert