Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Southern XC Series report


Michael Guilford competed in the Southern XC Series Round 3 at Wasing Estate. Here's his report:

"Having not done any XC since february, (4hr endurance race uugh!), I was expecting to find reasonably testing on handling skills.

At first glance the course seemed a like a cross course, however the organisers had actually done quite a lot with a fairly flat piece of woodland, roots had been dug out (exposed) , corners were plenty twisty and loose and a few bomholes added in. If this had been wet it would have been carnage in the sport and masters category.

A few steep climbs and swoopy descents made it fairly swift to pass through most of the sport category and led me quickly to 2nd place. I stuck with a small group of three for the first lap and a half, but overtaking the masters category was taking its toll, and i ended up slipping back to 3rd and riding on my own. This put 1/2 minute on my second lap time, and led me to be caught by the 4th rider. 10mins from the finish line a small blunder on my part, lost us time and my nerves. Along with poor attempt at a sprint finish, i rolled in at 4th, and missed out on the podium.

Next week I'll win!"

http://www.southernxc.net/event/ROUND2/Wasing_Estate/results

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good ride michael, i didnt see you come past ;) brian mac..