Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Pete Wager edges out Felt

Pete Wager reports from the AW Cycles E12 RR on Sunday 27th April.

The E12 field faced 6 laps of the Goring course, the venue of last years Central Divs champs, which includes a sharp climb out of Goring followed by a 3 km drag through the finish area and some exposed rolling roads around the Oxfordshire countryside. Weather looked promising before the start but then the rain started to threaten as usual - it held out though with only some occassional showers throughout the race.

5 riders escaped on the first lap with a further 5 chasing on the second lap - this stayed the same until the end when the bunch caught one of the chasing group on the last lap - on the final ascent up the hill I attacked knowing 10th place was up for grabs and got a good 30m gap going over the top - this left me with 1km of dragging road and pain to the finish line - looking back I could see a couple of chasing riders bridging - one of which was Mr Prebble - I hammered on regardless with both of them on my wheel and with 100m to go they promptly swung by me - the maroarding bunch were a further 25 m back being led home by Justin Hoy (Felt) and my brother not far behind.

12th place was mine as I coasted over the line and the first points were in the bag for the season - tough race, good training and pleased I got the edge over both the Felt boys (Justin and John) ha ha ha ha !.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - bravo Pete!

Who wants to wear orange kit anyway :op