Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Title: Results to 13th April

Best ride of the weekend was by Warren on Saturday at MOD Chertsey E12, backed up by Dave Creggan in 12th and Steve Richards in 13th:

"Basically a group of 8 formed after approx 5 laps of the 25 lap race, I tried bridging with Steve Calland at one point but couldn’t get across. The bunch then made some in roads into the break and I decided to try again and made it across on my own with approx 10 laps remaining, a couple of laps later this then split again and I managed to get in the front half so there were 4 against 5. There was a heavy downpour that made one particular corner very dicey and I lost ground each lap as my tyres were far too hard! Because I ended up having to chase back on each time I ended up missing some turns so told the others I wouldn’t contest the sprint so ended the race in 4th (not that I would have taken many more places even if I could have sprinted)."

Meanwhile in the 4ths new member Lee Mead is having a good start to the season coming in 7th. This followed up on 5th mid week at Hillingdon for Lee to move up to 3rd Cat. Also riding at Hillingdon in the 4ths was Mike Lancaster who came in 8th to edge towards his 3rd Cat. In the E123 Gianluca Capello managed a creditable 9th.


Over at the Thames Velo RR would it be Glorious Gibbo Part Deux?:
"A heaving intact bunch approached the finish so I launched myself up the drag towards the line and gained all of a couple of lengths. Cresting the brow with 300yds to go in the lead I thought 'what could possibly go wrong now'? Dead flat, a headwind, wobbly legs and approx 15 riders flying past at the yellow flag, that's what! Fellow VCM 'young-gun' Mike Lancaster looked comfortable and finished in the pack while No.10 did well to finish in the next group not far behind.

No comments: