Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Craig W in the points @ Barcombe

Craig Wilson reports form the Surrey League 2/3 on the rolling Barcombe course where he finished in the top ten:

"Fast start with field of 60 round narrow, twisting circuit full of tractors, combine harvesters and horses but thankfully few cars. First two laps were fast and with aching dead legs and ambushes from combine harvesters had me on the verge of packing because of danger and pain!!

After 2 laps it started to break up with 3s and 4s drifting off and the bunch definitely in danger of splitting. A front group of 15 formed with all the big hitters and I was the last to bridge the 10 second gap - took me a lap to recover!!

The break gradually built up a lead until 2 laps to go some silly cat and mouse saw the break split in two with me in the second group along with Prebble and Simmonds from Dynamo. They jumped across to the front group on the finish climb but I couldn't hold Prebble's wheel and spent the next few miles trying to close the 5 second gap but didn't make it!!!!! The rest of the break disintegrated behind and either packed or got mopped up by the bunch.

After that me and another chap from the break rode to the finish but it should have been better. I'll console myself with the thought that my legs were dead from the start and it wasn't going to be my day so a week of rest is in order!!"

No comments: