Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Wily Wilson close @ Dunsfold

Regularly making the break in recent weeks Craig reports from Dunsfold where he narrowly missed the win this week:

"Should have won it - me and Toby Neave left for the sprint and I came off his wheel too early - got in front then he came back - gutted and Jamie gave me grief!!! Quite right actually - I sobbed myself to sleep.

Scratchicap but hard from the gun - the scratch group were flying and I thought I was on an "old man's day" as my legs felt grim. Caught the 3s and 4s and then numerous groups away, getting caught etc before it split with about 20 - 25 in front. The youthful Mr Brooks with his impeccable timing seemed to start the big split. In the front were numerous VCMs including Tony Mott who was going well along with Capello, Prince, Allen, Newell, Creegan - sorry if I missed anyone.

3 of us got away with 2.5 laps to go (me, Sussex and Irish guy). Toby jumped across with 1.5 laps to go and helped a lot. Toby jumped with about a mile to go and blew the other two out then I blew the sprint!! The team did their stuff slowing the bunch to a standstill so we could stay away - then dominated the sprint."

No comments: