Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

From The Horses Mouth

The first pic I had a large piece of crap fly into my eye so I fished it out- me Camera Shy - it loves me!!

I was quite pleased with the ride.
I had the "Billy THE Kidd" pit bitching with the lovely Hannah yesterday.
They were an excellent team.
(Ed - Andy Dilkes also rode, finishing a lap down - as did half the field in this fast race)

Great start of the race into the top 10 first greasy corner.
A couple of rude Belgians wanted to overtake on the wrong side of me, unfortunately my elbows don't move so I twatted one straight in the bush. He came past me and said Excuse me when he went past after that, NICE. he finished 3rd eventually.
If only Xcross races were two/three minutes long I may win.
I was holding top 15 for a few laps but I changed bikes and I must of hit a rut and rear flatted.
A great change by Billy kept me in the top 20 - lost a few places but towards the end gained a couple.
10th Brit and 17th on the day.
My worst finish in the Trophy on the day - but by god those Belgians showed us how to really race.

I finished 8th overall in the National Trophy and I was aiming for top 10 this year so although I am happy I am now thinking maybe I could get in the top 5 for next season.

Thanks again for Craig /John/Des at the shop for keeping my bikes Tip Top.
Cheers for Keith/Hannah/Andy and Billy for helping at the races too

National champs in 3 weeks time after the change of date.
7th of Feb Sutton Park - I am hoping for a top 10 there too.

Maybe come along if those Hampshire lanes are still a bit dirty for the Dura Ace Electronic/Campag 11 that all the VCM club members use it would be a great day out and cheer me on in my last race in VCM colours for a while...........

Jamie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: