Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Jamie's Big Weekend

It's the National Cyclo-Cross Champs this weekend (snow permitting) and we've been keeping tabs on Jamie as he prepares for an assault on the top ten in the Elite race. Competitors will include several talented star riders ... Roger Hammond, Jodie Crawforth, Ian Field, Nick Craig, Rob Jebb and Andrew Dilkes. In the vets races look out for Colin Summerfield in the Vet60 race and compatriates Tim Costello and Chris Remnant (Vet45) plus Andy Roberts (Vet55)

According to the BC website, the organisers are working hard to make the course safe for spectators and vehicles - if they fail the event may have to be postponed - let's hope not.

The Ladies Race (Helen Wyman, Gabby Day and other delightful coureurs fille) starts at 11:15 with Jamie on the start line at 2:15pm. According to Google, Farnham to the race venue is just 2.5 hours - you could leave after a leisurely breakfast and still cheer the boy on - it's a great day out - Come On!

To whet your whistle here's a pre-Champs report from Jamie covering his latest rides ..


Is anyone coming up to watch my mate (JodyC)finally beat Hammond this Sunday it will be a good ding dong.
I will be hoping for a top 10 - we have 100 riders so its going to be a bun fight.

I raced yesterday in Colchester - nice 4 hour drive a local one !!
I took Jody, so on paper I was looking at 2nd place straight away.
Nice frozen course a chance to get the dry tyres out again - they had dust on.
Its been pretty wet before Xmas.
Just before I went down with a bug - so rather than race in the cold I cycled in the garage (new box set of 24 - season 2 and 3) and played on my MTB much safer than racing in the red.

With a few of the Eastern region monkeys to play with it was always going to be catch up with Jody GB (Golden Balls).
Rubbish start as some old gimmer just walked around the front line and secretly blew his whistle, god quick clip in , missed the pedal and try again. First corner GB gone and I am in 6th - right lets be having you.
Humpries/Miller/Aldas - out of my way the Newall is coming through my elbows are legendary in races!!
Into 2nd after 2 mins or so and just catch a glimpse of Jody riding a bank I could barely run- the difference is incredible - like Nick Allen and Justin Hoy sprinting! I had a little trouble with Naythan Miller - he designed the course and it was the first time I was putting myself in the red since 20th December when I was beaten by a couple of muppets in Reading.

I had him company for a couple of laps - and the most biast commentator in the world
"He is catching Newall - come on Naythan" No bloody way I was not coming third today I thought.
Big money today - maybe could walk away with at least £20!!!

I slipped the bike into big gears and rode him off my wheel and dropped him over the slippy stuff.
I rode the rest of the race - practicing good clean dismounts and letting the bike "hang out" it was greasey but no bike changes needed today - It was just getting to that stage and I thought only one bike to clean later!

2nd to Jody so happy with that.
The bastards printed the result and the time gap.
2 mins 20 secs I was going to tell anyone who asked he took me in the sprint - I guess not now ;o)

I have a steady week planned - I could update later on in the week.
My tip for next few days - MTB only or in the garage

Jamie - looking for a top 10 Sunday 2pm Birmingham - come on it will be a classic race to watch - get involved !!!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Jamie, Best of Luck for the Weekend. I'll be with you in Spirit, as I am in Bournemouth.. Family duties.