Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Mark rides again. And again. And again!

Mark Ottaway is looking to gain that elusive 1st cat licence - and obviously the free pair of shorts and jersey that comes with it - this year and has started the season quite early. Here's his update:

"I have raced all the Hillingdon winter series, first race was not good finished 26th, 2nd race came 14th and 3rd race 5th, 4th race -15th, I wanted to improve at Hillingdon but I was not happy with Saturday's race.
Race broke up very early and lots of little groups but I did not commit, thought it would come back together, and just waited for the sprint, but could not get by Owen Lake, if only my nose was a fraction longer would have got 14th.
Hog Hill on Saturday was very fast in places, felt good even after slogging up the hill time after time, and on the sprint Owen Lake was once again in front, and I finished 4th.
Back at Hillingdon on New Years day and maybe Hog Hill Saturday, have not done much training apart from rollers, weather has not been too good Im getting soft lately, but I figure if I do 4x races in a week that's good interval training.
Upavon starts 9th Jan hoping to race there and then get to Hillingdon in the afternoon then race at Fowlmead on Sunday !!!!!!!! I am looking forward to racing at Dunsfold this year and doing more Surrey league events."

No comments: