Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

4th cats too slow for Rob at Thruxton

The younger McCarthy brother made short work of getting his 3rd cat licence at the weekend:

Robert reports from Omega Thruxton circuit races:

"My first road race of the season went exactly to plan, with some good tactical advice from Craig and Warren.
The pace at the start of the 4th cat race was much slower than I expected, being used to racing mountain bikes. I had some dodgy moments in the race, nearly touching wheels with a rider who decided to cut across my front wheel, after patiently sitting in the pack decided to attack off the front just after the pit lane with two laps to go, into a headwind, when I looked back I saw that I had opened up a big gap, so I just mashed it in a big gear on the drops until the finish, crossing the line with my first road win."

2 comments:

Mint Condition said...

Nice one Rob...I need some tips please. Don't mention anything about hard work or commitment though, it sounds too painful

Ian Franklin said...

Well done Rob - I thought you were a goner when I saw your back wheel slide out at such an alarming angle. It was a brave move in the windy conditions.