Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

56yr old pro in Spain - February

Buenos dias, todo el mundo !

Although there's not much traffic on my training rides, I did get stopped earlier today and I've attached a photo showing the sort of things I have to contend with !!

Well, the winter is over and we got away very lightly (at the moment). The temperature is a pleasant 18-22 degrees and all the wild flowers are out along with the Almond blossom.

The Vuelta de Murcia starts tomorrow and I have just taken all the info off the internet for the 5 day stage. I will be riding off for 3 days to watch the action, the other 2 days Martine and I will be watching from a restaurant garden. The event looks good and will suit last years winner, Dennis Menchov. Wiggins has a few mentions in the local paper as the up and coming rider for later in the year. Armstrong returns after 5 years away – I read a report that Murcia has always been a vital early race that he prefers to ride. In his last 2 years before his retirement he had to ride Paris-Nice because it was part of the World cup races and with it being a French race he was obligated to ride. Anyway, he will have the Radio Shack A team to support him.

As in my last report the team had a problem (still unknown) and we were unable to ride the Murcia Inter Club but I might be able to ride on the 14 March in Roldan on a wild card, so fingers crossed for that one.

But there is some good news…we are going to ride the Alicante Inter Club which start in April-May. Then we ride the Masters Vuelta de Murcia but with that good news, I have had to give the Majorca trip a miss.

Adios

Martin

No comments: