Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Emperors of Thruxton II

With final official results still to come in, this week's report comes from Richard Unwin who rode the thirds. Naturally this was won by Nick Allen with Ben Marks 3rd and Richard Unwin 5th. So a quite good result all round then.

"When I realised how may riders were in the race, something like 100,
I thought no way am I going to get in the top 10 so I decided to give
myself a good workout instead. I covered almost every break and even
helped a 3 man break to see if we could get away, alas we were caught
by the pack. It was really enjoyable to be up the front working so
hard. In the last 3 laps I was in the top 5 or 6 and covered a lot of
short lived breaks. I felt a bit tired coming up the hill on the final
lap but just gave it a final effort. I saw Nick in front of me so
tried to follow him but had to break hard in the chicane when another
rider cut in front of me. I lost a lot of speed so I stood up and
began to sprint again but I was in too high a gear so it took a while
to get back up to speed. I was very wide on the finishing straight but
managed to pass the bunch and very pleased with 5th place."

2 comments:

Ian said...

Pics here:
http://www.chrisrhymerphotos.com/page/gallery

Colin said...

Nice to see Nick back in the right kit....