Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

International man of mystery scores in RR debut

He's got two different versions of his real name, emails as "Bernerd Matthews" and has a variety of different haircuts. The Surrey League lists him as George ???????. You may know him as George Crouch. Here's his report from Kirdford:

"For my first ever road race there were dark clouds and a big turn out. Meudon members Dean Corney, Nathan Jackson, Craig Wilson and Michael Lancaster were present.
Half way through the rain started but I didnt mind as there were no dangerous corners on the course and I could see alot of riders werent enjoying it. A meeting with a horse caused a bit of a disruption and a brief break occured but was caught. Dean Corney was active at the front of the peloton for most of the race and attempted a early sprint/break but was caught on the uphill finish. Me, feeling a bit nervous with the rain, cars and speed made sure I was near the front on the lead up to the sprint and then gave all I had, grunting, snarling and spitting but couldnt quite catch the winner. 2nd place got me 12 points, making me 1 point away from 2nd cat, woohoo! George."

No comments: