Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Stephen reports from the Farnham Cycle ride

Stephen King reports from the Farnham charity bike ride at the weekend:

"Flying the flag in the Farnham Cycle ride 3rd July

VC Meudon were well represented in this local 25 or 50 mile event. Standing on the start line there were 10 club members in the “Elite” pen which shows great support for local events. The announcer said that there were 500+ entrants which is quite an impressive turnout. It was a sunny day and perfect for this type of event.

OK its not a race but when the peloton set off up Crondall lane I had my doubts with VC Meudon leading the charge. I opted for the 25 mile circuit along with Cormac who by the time we got to the top of the first hill he had disappeared over the horizon !

Most of the 50 milers turned off just before Crondall and things quietened down but did not slow down.


The route was very well signposted and marshalled and there were numerous places where water and food were available….not that I had any time to delay. I suspect they were set up for the many cyclists that were going to make a day of it.

The initial speed took its toll with me and I was pleased to see the Farnham sign at the end. As I crossed the finish line in about 1:30 the marshal announced that I was the 9th person to finish. Cormac completed in 1:20 as the 3rd person home. I am not sure where other VC Meudon riders finished but I am sure they enjoyed the event. Stephen King"

No comments: