Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Gianluca represents at Fowlmead

Only arriving back from a trip away the night before Gianluca made the trip down to Kent as our lone(?) representative in the Fowlmead LVRC races. Here's his report ..
"As for me in the end I went to Fowlsmead. I only decided in the morning as I got back from Phoenix the evening before.

It was roughly 80 km race and after several attempts I have eventually managed to break away with Meilak, Bates (both cat A) and Malcom Whitehead.
We did half of the race away.
At the sprint I was feeling tired (jetlag, no training whatsoever during the week, lack of sleep etc) and Andrew Meilak has beaten me fair and square.
Bates got 3rd and Whitehead 4th (1st of his category). The bunch was probably 2 minues behind."
- Well done Gianluca for consecutive 2nd places and a move up the overal rankings in the A category.

Thankfully Whitehead was the first B Category finisher preventing Craig's overall lead being eroded too much. But that will tighten up affairs just behind in the race for the minor places.
More detailed results when we get them...

No comments: