Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Gibbo rides the Marmotte

Gibbo's brief report....
"Despite nearly killing me I loved it. It was going okay until I got cramp & 'hot foot' a few Kms from the top of the Galibier. I had to stop, take my shoes off and rest and at this point, barely over 1/2 way I thought I'd DNF. After a rest I struggled over the top and a 25m descent helped me recover. Once I found myself at the foot of Le Alpe I was determined to finish even if it killed me. It nearly did. I had cramp in so many places, had to take another shoe-off break but eventually made the top after 9hrs 6mins of pain! I'm going back next year, lighter, fitter and with lower gears (I forgot to mention being overgeared, and the back & neck ache).

No.10 did a brilliant ride and nearly caught me. Trevor finished a bit later but did very well to get around.

No more racing for me this year. I'm taking a long break.

For another Marmotte experience read about Andrew Bye of Sigma Sport riding for 9th
http://andrewbye.blogspot.com/

No comments: