Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

MTB National Champs

Deano reports from last weekend's National Mountain Bike Champs held near Ringwood.
Weddings and a pre-ride of the course cut the VCM contingent from 6 to 3, but we also had some travelling support that was much appreciated.

Deano reports:


Crow Hill has a very good selection of single track, short steep climbs and interesting little descents - but beware the roots - all in the middle of the New Forest, Ringwood.

Surprisingly, I was gridded on the third row so tucked in tight on the right hand side against the barriers. I waited for the start, Colin was a row or two behind so the Meudon were ready to pounce. Andy was still waiting to line up for his Grand Vets race.

Our race start had been put back 15 mins and eventually we started and we were off! Cleat collected the pedal and off I went, a bit of shoulder barging and a big effort and I slotted in behind the quick boys in about eighth place, which is where I stayed for a while until the first short steep grassy climb where I lost three of four places. I then settled into my pace and had a good little battle with Ross Porter, an old race mate. It pretty well stayed that way and I kept trying to drop him but he just had the edge on the descents. On the last lap he rode away from me and there was nothing I could do as I started to fade big time! Four or five riders caught and passed me and I just kept pedalling. I finished in 19th place and Colin came 36th. Andy came 21st in the Grand Vets. So a good day all round for VC Meudon.

Thanks also to the Meudon supporters on the day - it all helps!
Deano

LAP TIMES
Deano - 27:45 28:25 29:43 = 01:25:53
Colin - 30:50 32:30 33:29 = 01:36:49
Andy - 34:17 36:45 38:15 = 01:49:17
for reference
LIAM KILLEEN - 22:56 23:13 22:55 22:52 22:58 = 01:54:54 ( or 1:09:04 for first 3 laps !!)

After the race we were able to sit back and watch Liam Killeen demolish the field in a fantastic pre-olympics victory in the main race.

Bob Moore has some photos (we hope) but until then here are some links to Joolze Dymonds pics
Deano
Pic 1

Colin
Pic 1
Pic 2

Andy
Pic 1

No comments: