Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Oakley Village Road Race

Ben, Bob, Keith and Alan Clarke rode the Oakley Village Road Race for 2/3's on saturday
Keith reports ....

"…carnival atmosphere with village fete, Mick Clarke doing commentary from the stage, music etc but it was flat, narrow, terrible road surface and very fast..thought I was going to be dropped for first 2 (of 6 ) laps but hung on to finish…amazingly a small group, including the animator of the day, 16 year old Chris Legg, who won the senior event at this year's Guildford Crits got away at the end and just hung on from the 55 up bunch….Ben and Bob got stuck in for the sprint, Ben got 9th,a creditable result. What I couldn’t understand is that it was the hardest race I’ve done for years yet no one was dropped!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strangely, I was alright for most until I had a dig at the end of lap 3. Thereafter, my legs started to die and I was too smashed to do anything in the sprint. It was a fast race.