Welcome to VC Meudon News pages

Gianluca Delivers!

With dad Gianluca squeezing in a final race on saturday at Chertsey, he made it home in time to welcome the arrival of Liam James Cappello who was born on 11th May at 10.25pm, 7lb 10oz (3.5 kg in italian money). Last night he spent the first night at home and it was.....sleepless!

Gianluca reports ..

That fact that he was born on Sunday evening allowed me to race at Chertsey the day before. It is only 10 miles from Guildford (where I live) and I was racing with the mobile switched on in my rear pocket. Just in case!

Dave Larcombe, Ken Prince and myself were together at the start where Dave was showing off his suntan (from Majorca) and complaining about his stem, Ken was telling us all how tasty are his new strawberry and banana gels. It was a warm day and I think this affected all the riders as the first couple of laps were slow. This suited me as I haven't been training for the past 4 weeks. Also I was able to catch up with some friends in the middle of the bunch. After that there were several attempts to break away but the average speed increased and it was quite clear that it would have been a bunch sprint. This was ok with me and Ken but he started suffering from cramps. The sprint was clean and Paul Delahunty won with a bike length from Matthew Carden (he was racing in long sleeves!), Lewis Atkins and the rest of us. I ended 6th gaining enough points to keep my 1st cat licence for next year so I can now concentrate on changing nappies!

No comments: